Wednesday, February 07, 2007

You know what happens when you guys hit the stage, 'aint nothing but a party!

We are right in the middle, well we were last night. We are in Kansas City and the show is a late one because there's a, wait for it, honky tonk show on before ours. You have to love this country. Last night we played in Columbia, MO and met Beatle Bob. The title of this blog can be attributed to him. We were all a little bongo'd by the end of the night, indeed.
Anyway, the tour is going extremely well and we are all happy. I feel especially elated as my left ear was blocked and was driving me crazy, it just sort of stopped working for 4 days, anyway I went to a medical centre in Ann Arbor and got it fixed and now feel like a new man.
We parted company with the Essex Green a few days ago in Chicago and are all feeling a bit sad, it was so nice to hang out with those guys, a blast. You should definitely check them out if they play near you, a very good live band. I miss them already.
Chicago was so cold that I thought my ears were going to fall off my head, seriously. I walked outside for 10 minutes and thought I was going to die. We got caught in a proper snow storm too, bit scary, a bit exciting. If we'd been stuck in the snow we all agreed that if we ran out of food then eating Francois first would have been our best bet. He's the youngest, I think he would have been ok with that, really.
Oh yeah, you know I was talking about Roadhouse last week? well, in Kalamazoo...........

Lee

18 Comments:

Blogger Julio Enriquez said...

you guys sound like you are having a blast!!! the anticipation is killing me to see you guys this thursday in DENVER, and only one more day!! be well...

julio

4:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you guys know, beatle bob is not allowed in any record store or retail in St. Louis becuase he is a notorious kleptomaniac. He also has passed himself as doing a radio show inSt. Louis to bands to get free CDs when he in fact has no radio show. Just thought you should know this.

6:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

My name is Rafael da Cruz and I'm from Brazil and I started to listen you guys...and a passion first date...só I'm a curious "when will you go to my country!?"
sorry my english is terrible....

my e-mail is cajaiba.77@gmail.com
see ya.

3:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened in kalamazoo?

4:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sucks to hear about the ear, but the show you all put on in KC last night was great. I moved up here last August and last night was my first show here since I moved and I'm glad I made myself wait for a band I knew. Great choice of Pony Up. Those girls crack me up. Anyways, hope you come back here sometime again.

5:29 am  
Blogger kinoman said...

where was Country Mile?

wonderful show in Kansas City. only thing missing was Country Mile. See, we got lots of country miles in the midwest and I really needed to hear yours. well, maybe Suspended From Class made up for it...just maybe. i hope you got out of town before the explosion dripped chemical stuff from the sky. come back to KC anytime...i couldn't get kenny's sig on my LP because it's too glossy for a ball-point pin...arrggg.

6:08 am  
Blogger Brian said...

Great show in Chicago, despite the show. Ended way too early, but great finish with "Razzle Dazzle Rose". Sorry I didn't get you that whisky I said I would.

6:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm really looking forward to seeing you in Mexico City, if you can, take a look around, it's an amazing place. I hope you enjoy the show as much as we surely will.

7:12 am  
Blogger Jack Lapping said...

Yes but how nice was the weather in Columbia the next day. It was so gorgeous but when you guys left it dropped back down to about zero degrees Celsius. :)

5:31 pm  
Blogger Jack Lapping said...

Yes but how nice was the weather in Columbia the next day after the show. It was so gorgeous but when you guys left it dropped back down to about zero degrees Celsius.

5:41 pm  
Blogger kinoman said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for yours tour. I wish that some day you come to Chile, we wait for you with good wines and without Pinochet!
Care with your ears, Lee. Regards from the south of the world.

Claudia

9:52 pm  
Blogger jjoorrggee said...

are waiting for your gig tomorrow her in mexcico city... thanx for comming... im expecting a great show!!!...

6:05 am  
Blogger Sandro Abecassis said...

great band!!! So tender, so intense!

2:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi guys, you were great at the polyforum gig, loved that you played dory previn. hope to see you back in mexico. good luck on the rest of the tour.
x ae

2:24 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

The show in Seattle last night was amazing. Hope that the rest of the tour brings packed houses and new fans.

8:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Chicago was so cold that I thought my ears were going to fall off my head, seriously. I walked outside for 10 minutes and thought I was going to die.'

please please please, come back to Malaga, spain. i promise that police will not arreted you, :P

your great,iheard your last album all the time

alejandro

12:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so far i've seen you guys on the hottest day in chicago, and the coldest. come back when it's in the middle?

4:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home